Quinn Architects is committed to sustaining our environment through all levels of our organisation.
We recognise that our business has an important role to play in protecting and enhancing the environment for future generations and to help ensure the long-term sustainability of the Construction Industry. To this end, Quinn Architects make these commitments
- Active protocol for energy reduction in selection of electrical equipment
- To focus on designing buildings that use material, energy and water resources efficiently, minimize site impact and address health issues relating to the indoor environment.
- To achieve sound environmental practices across our entire operation. For example, Practice Principals drive Biofuel and efficient diesel engine vehicles and we provide secure bicycle storage for staff and clients
- To produce an annual Environmental Plan setting out our objectives, targets and planned actions
- To minimise waste and reduce our water consumption where possible
- To reduce, re-use and recycle the resources consumed by our business wherever practical including dedicated recycling of paper, plastics, glass, batteries and ink cartridges
- To invite our suppliers and fellow consultants to participate in our efforts to protect the environment
- To provide all employees with the training and resources required to meet our objectives
- To monitor and record our environmental impacts on a regular basis and compare our performance with our policies, objectives and targets
- To inform our Clients of our objectives and to encourage them to help us achieve our targets particularly in limiting unnecessary printing
- To comply fully with all relevant legislation