Dip. Const. Studies (Arch)
Bernie worked with Murray O Laoire Architects for over 25 years becoming an Associate Director with them in 1998. During that time she gained huge experience in the delivery and project leading of a wide range of projects including second and third level educational, healthcare, housing and retail with particular emphasis on problem solving and on the detailed technical design stage through to site stage, project completion and handover. She has developed a wealth of experience in a number of varied project procurement methods including traditional RIAI contracts, Design Build, and the New Government Form of Contract. She has a key role in ensuring compliance with the latest design codes and technical standards.
With her previous employer, Bernie was Senior Project Leader and Lead coordinator of the Design Team for the site stage to completion of the Phase 1B – C ‘Tara’ building at Mary Immaculate College, which comprised lecture theatres, a student centre and a 500 seat Auditorium. She was also involved in the delivery of the following projects:
- Millennium Theatre and Aula Maxima buildings at LIT, Limerick
- Limerick County Courthouse
- Bon Secours Private Hospital, Galway
- Housing at E Town ,Miltown Malbay, Co. Clare.
- Glucksman Library & Information Services Building, University of Limerick
Since coming to work for Quinn Architects in February 2011, Bernie has worked on a range of projects including:
- Redevelopment of Glencairn Abbey
- School Extensions in Co. Limerick
- Façade upgrade works in Shannon
- Refurbishment of Summerville Lodge and other internal refurbishments at Mary Immaculate College.
In recognition of her outstanding commitment and continuous contribution to the development of the practice, Bernie was made a Director of Quinn Architects in March 2015.
Please feel free to email Bernie at [email protected]
View LinkedIN profile at www.linkedin.com/pub/bernie-moloney/22/9b2/534