Quinn Architects were appointed by the new College President to develop a new Main Entrance that better represented the modern face of the College. The design solution involved the complete demolition of the existing structure and the construction of a new bright and airy entrnace and reception. Part of the solution was the creation of a new opening in the gable wall of the Foundation Building and the relocation of the Reception Desk into the adjacent space. This allowed the old Foyer to be come a Concourse suitbable for holding events. The new construction extends along the line of the existing Halla and consists of a stone colonnade with glass infill. Key to the success of the design in the controlled use of natural stone. The Main Entrance is located to the side of the original Foundation Building from 1899 which is an imposing Limestone building. The design solution included the cladding of the Halla at the far side of the Main Entrance in Red Granite. Between these two existing structures, the colonnade extends in Portland Stone, a light, cream coloured stone that draws the eye. In addition to the stone on the elevations, we also repaved the external area in front of the Main Entrance in Grey Granite and this material continues into the building through lobby and across the Foyer to connect the internal and external spaces.